The traditional guacamole recipe calls for onions and garlic. I usually prepare this version of the guacamole for my mother, who is incurably obsessed with avocados. 🙂
While guacamole is normally used as a dip with tortilla chips or a sandwich spread, I also love eating it with cooked white rice. It makes for a healthy, light and refreshing meal. Try it!
- 2 ripe Organic Avocados
- 1 small Yellow Lemon
- 7-8 small Cherry Tomatoes (“Pure” brand locally grown in the UAE; sustainable farming)
- 1 cup Cilantro Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper powder
• Wash the cilantro leaves well to remove any soil particles. Chop them finely.
• Dice the tomatoes.
• Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit and skins and scoop them into a serving bowl.
• Slice the lemon and remove the pits.
• Use a fork to gently mash the avocados in the serving bowl to your desired level of chunky or smooth.
• Add the tomatoes and chopped cilantro into the bowl.
• Add the red chili powder and black pepper.
• Squeeze the juice from the lemon and stir everything together.
• Add salt to taste.
• Your Guacamole is now ready to be served! Bon Appetit!