A starter is the best way to get those gastric juices flowing, chatty banter going and slowly but surely creating the right mood for the main course. In fact, a starter is commonly referred to as an appetizer, precisely because it kindles the appetite. The perfect starter can be anything and varies with taste. From finger foods and greasy street fare, to succulent platters and healthy wraps. Check out the starters that I came across and shamelessly stuffed my face with. So tell me….what’s your choice of starter?
For me, the best starter is often a glass or bottle of freshness. Just perfect for hydrating myself after a day of pollution, heat and stress. One sip at a time reclining back in my chair…. ahhh! Life is good! 🙂
- 1 Megawatt: Watermelon, Pineapple, Lemon and Ginger
- Fresh Juice: Watermelon
- Smoothie: Spinach Avocado
Soups, Bowls & PLATTERS
Ooooh! What a riot of colors! Such a visual feast to the eyes. That’s why bowls and platters are one of my go-to favorites for starters. But if you prefer something sober and comforting, than soups are your pick. Which one would you like to go with?
- Buddha Vegan Bowl: Crunchy Teriyaki Tofu, Shredded Red Cabbage, Kimchi, Sweet Potato, Rice, Baby Spinach with Peanut Butter sauce
- Soho Vegetarian Bowl: Kale, Spinach, Parsley, Quinoa, Brussels Sprouts, Blanched Snow Peas, Sauteed Mushrooms (removed upon request), Feta and Seasonal Tomatoes
- Earthy Pumpkin Soup: Pumpkin blended with Fresh Vegetables, and served with Oven-Baked Crotons.
- Hummus & Crackers: Chickpeas pureed with Tahini Sauce, Lemon Juice and Spices. Served with Grilled Vegetables, Toasted Multigrain Crackers, Garnished with Sesame Seeds and Olive Oil.
TOASTIES & WRAPS
Wraps and toasties come with multifunctionality. Starter. Breakfast. A quick snack. Packed meal. You can never go wrong when picking any of these for your lunchbox.
- Vegan Three Bean Chili Wrap: Avocado, Sweet & Sour Onion, Rocket, Coriander, Basil, Three Bean Chili in a Spinach Wrap
- Mediterranean Toastie: Grilled Veggies (Yellow and Green Courgettes, Red and Yellow Peppers), Basil Pesto, Rocket, Portobello Mushroom, Beetroot, Hummus, Foccacia Bread
- Three Cheese Toastie: Cheddar, Emmental and Parmesan Cheese with Tomatoes and Spinach
- Avocado Toast: Mashed Avocado, Red Onion, Pomegranate and Datterino Tomatoes served on Toast
- Halloumi Falafel Wrap: Baked Falafel, Halloumi Cheese, Tomatoes, Pickled Cucumbers, Tahini dressing in a wrap
Anyone hungry? Good luck, because I ain’t sharing this starter with any of ya! These platters combine the best of grease and finger foods. So come hungry and with a guilt-free conscience. Absolutely glorious!
- FIRST SLIDE
- Cheese Balls: 6 Breaded pieces of a Unique Cheese mix with a sprinkle of Zaatar
- Halloumi Sticks: 3 Breaded Halloumi Cheese sticks
- Golden Wedges: Fried Potato wedges
- Potato Pizza: Baked Potato slices topped with Cheese, Tomatoes and Black Olives
- Dipping Sauces: Thousand Island and Spizy
- SECOND SLIDE
- Vegetable Rolls: Filo pastry filled with vegetables and deep fried.
- Moussaka: Oven baked aubergines with tomatoes, garlic and chickpeas. Served with labneh bread and green olives.
- THIRD SLIDE
- Fries: Crispy and thin cut French Fries.